Monday, December 15, 2008

Speaking about Mac

I am back. Just when I had started a new and good thing, my blog, life threw me some curve balls. Where have I been? First, I took on a project, editing a friends writing that took several months. I spent 3 weeks in Nashville Tennessee helping my son renovate his new condo. By the way, it looks great, if I must say so myself. After coming home, I researched and created powerpoint presentations for a 9 week study, "What I Believe Affects How We Live Our Lives." I came down with a sinus and chest infection that lasted 6 weeks and during this time my husband had triple bypass surgery. Just last month my son got married. To top it off an electrical storm took out my computer and I am just getting my new one up and going. I am now an official Mac owner.

Speaking about Mac, I must tell you about a book I just read. During this time a friend of my gave me a book, The Shack, by William Paul Young, about a man, Mac, who had a severe crisis in his life that left him disallusioned with God. In the story Mac returns to the shack, and then there was no turning back. At first, I must admit that I was somewhat offended at Young's characterization of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Just as God drew Mac to the Shack, I believe that I was also being drawn to Him. As God draws us to Him he want to teach us something about Him to strengthen our relationship.

There was once a time when I had God packaged in a pretty little box. I even thought that Christianity was packaged that way. When things happen in our lives that is not packaged in a pretty little box, then we are disallusioned with God. I've been there, have you? The Shack helped me to see that God is not about us, eventhough he loves us very much and will not stop at anything to have and build a relationship with us. When we learn to knock down the walls we build between us and God then I believe that he reveals more of himself to us.

Prayer: Dear God, open my eyes that I may see you more clearly and not be so narrow minded. Help me to see others the way you see them and to try to understand how and why you choose to orchestrate our lives as you do. In Jesus name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. great post... i added you to my site! can't wait to hear what you think of the new max lucado book you are going to be reviewing for thomas nelson... that is awesome! congrats mom!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments