Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Last Post - New Website: the ART of AGING - GRACEFULLY

If you found this blog, please take a look at my new online home. The Art of Aging - Gracefully found at patsycostner.com

We can talk about learning to walk gracefully but when it comes down to it, there is an art to walking. Just when we think we have things figured out. We are in a new chapter of life. So... I decided to name the home place, "the ART of AGING - GRACEFULLY."

Welcome to the ART of AGING GraceFully, my online home.
When I think of graceful I automatically envision figure skaters, ballerinas, or the fluttering of a butterfly. A skater, a ballerina, and a butterfly each have something in common. Each of these have the full knowledge of the form but more than that, they have the inner strength and control to perform their moves.
I have never considered myself graceful by any definition. A while back I began a Pilate’s class. I was doing all that I could do to imitate the graceful ballerina princess moves made by my instructor. It took every ounce of strength in my body just to attempt the moves. Sprawled out on the floor, I felt like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz. Every muscle in my body was screaming in exhaustion. In fact, I was almost dizzy. Leaving the gym, I made a conscious decision to tackle this challenge. I did not want to just learn these moves and complete them in robotic motions; I wanted these moves to be comfortable and natural – graceful as a ballerina, a figure skater, or a butterfly.
As I drove home, the Holy Spirit impressed in my mind that this is the way many Christians live their lives. Lives swayed to and fro by the circumstances and situations in their lives. Instead of finding their identity in Jesus they find their identity in their past sin, guilt, shame, fear, pride, possessions, and/or performance.
But we are not a people without hope. Jesus gave his life that we could put our past behind and live in the joy of the present. We do not have to let our past define who we are. Aging gracefully is a life-long, intentional pursuit of God, a daily surrender to God, and daily resisting temptation and sin. However, God does not reprogram our bodies and minds to operate as a robot; we must take an active part. We must submit to God resist Satan (James 4:7), and be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2).
Just as we need encouragement and assistance to maintain fitness and good health, we also need someone to walk with us and encourage us along the Christian journey. Aging Gracefully is devoted to teaching the things I have learned in my Christian journey concerning God, His Word, and the freedom I have found through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
I do not claim to have arrived with all the answers, however, I am convinced that as we intentionally study, pray, and seek God together, our Christian walk will become more graceful. Our lives, our families, our ministries will be changed. We will bear fruit. We will touch other’s lives, and God will be glorified.
“Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I seek to live life worthy of our calling, as I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.”
In the meantime… may God bless you as you seek to identify with him.
Contact me if you have questions. I hope you will subscribe to me for email updates, and/or add me to your Google contacts (On the right two boxes below my picture and info.).
Blessings,

patsy_signature

Sure hope to see you as a new subscriber. And if you know someone who might like what I am doing. Share the link with them or on FaceBook. If we are not FB friends I am found at https://www.facebook.com/patsy.costner

And may God bless you in your Christian journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comments