Monday, March 2, 2009

Heaven Came Down to NC Last Night



SNOW. From late afternoon until almost midnight it was like heaven coming down. The snow fell so quietly blanketing all the ugliness that winter had caused our landscape. There was a quietness and a hush that it brought to the land leaving me with a sense of  peace from within. As I opened the front door to take a look the cold air sent me into a shiver and joy swelled up inside me. Maybe it is just a NC thing since our real snows, blizzards,  are so few and far between, but there is nothing that stirs such emotions in me as a hard SNOW.

SNOW. My husband waits for the snow cream. He absolutely thinks there is no other ice cream that can light a candle to it. Is that a Southern thing? Ingredients: 1 gallon snow, 1 can evaporated milk or cream, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1 cup sugar, then eat. I added 1 cup cool whip to make mine a little creamer. Keep adding snow until you get the right consistency. May need to add more sugar. Mix well. Extra may be frozen for later. Very good. Manna from heaven, Joey would say. 

                                                                                    
SNOW. I have great memories from my childhood of my dad pushing me and my sister, Lynn, in a metal dish pan; my sibling and friends having snowball fights, building snow forts, and making snow angels. But the most joy I have is creating snow figures.  Sometimes my creation changes as I go. This creation was a bear without any dressing when I left him at midnight and went to bed but this morning I  knocked his ears off and make him a snowman. I love playing in the snow. Checkout another creation on my son's website of a creation when he was a child, February entry, Be a Kid Again.
 

SNOW. The sun was shining across the trees onto the snow and I think heavenly is the best description for it. The prophet Isaiah spoke of snow as he discussed the sin in our lives. He said, "Though your sins be a scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..." Scarlet was a deep permanent die whose stain was virtually impossible to remove. Have you ever gotten blood on a garment, or on carpet. It is difficult to remove. You know our sin stain is equally permanent, however, God can forgive and remove out most difficult stains if we will only be willing and obedient. For this, I am so thankful and grateful.

I am forgiven and cleansed, past, present, and future. Thank you, my heavenly Father, for sending us a little bit of heaven this week. You through nature led me to worship you and praise your name. Truly, "Heaven came down and glory filled my soul."

How do you react to SNOW? 




3 comments:

  1. I love the snow too!! Your memories are similar to mine! Snowmen, snow cream, hot chocolate! And once I was saved, every snow reminds me of how God's love covers our ugliness just like the snow covers the "barren ugliness" of winter terrain and beautifies it. Thanks for praying with me the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patsy,what a beautiful blog. The design is so warm and inviting. I like your style of writing. You give excellent insight without sounding "preachy". Your emotions are smooth and soothing yet challenging. You build your theme in a slow expansion that builds on each other to a grand conclusion. It is real, compassionate and full. You do not stretch your thought, just build and present your thoughts in a very clean way. I'm proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like snow also; It makes everything so beautiful. I especially enjoyed reading Matthew's sermon on prayer as well as your own encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments