Friday, July 17, 2009

Like a Tree Planted by Water




While visiting in Nashville, TN, a few weeks ago, I took a walk through Percy Warner Park. The trees there are just beautiful.  How anyone can surround themselves with the wonders of God and not recognize Him is absolutely beyond my minds ability to think or rationalize anything. Before you think I have lost all my capacity to think, I must warn you of my next statement. I would just love to sit under those mighty oaks and let them tell me about life through the years. You know people come and go but for some reason, God chose to leave some of them here for hundreds of years. Amazing. Well, I hope you enjoy my pics, but I want to leave you with this thought. "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence indeed is the Lord. He will be like a tree planted by water." Jeremiah 17:7-8



A walk in the forest, or just sitting under the large oak in my back yard is one of the most peaceful things I can think of. What do you think about the mighty trees? 

1 comment:

  1. What do I think about the mighty trees? I imagine it was great to be around when Jesus walked the Earth like some of the Redwood trees. Or to have been a grain of sand under His feet or a drop of water that rolled from His face when John Baptized Him.
    Because of the sacrifice Jesus made the one time spilling of His blood washes all sins for all times and we only have to ask. Jesus gave us 2-way communication with the Master of all creation who listens, responds and blesses us when we ask in Jesus name, stay in His Word and obey his commands. And God gives so much more than He asks. We are loved above all by God. We are created in the image of THE GOD. What I think is that the mighty trees must wish they could talk to us.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments