Romans 1:19 “Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
“But I did not see the sign,” was the response Joey made to me as we drove away from the highway patrol that just gave us a ticket.
Recently, driving, across the Smokey Mountains I saw hundreds of miles of mountains, forest, boulders, sky, clouds, and a hard thunder storm. I was reminded of the scripture, “Listen to the roar of his voice, to the rumbling that comes from his mouth…God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.” What evidence do you see that there is God?” Paul contends that all have had God revealed to them even if they are from the most remote area in the world. Everything in the universe bears witness to God and his power.
· He is visible: In other words man has an innate awareness of God.
· He is understood: any wise person who sees the truth will also reflect on it and reach a conclusion about it.
· He is from the beginning to the end: The human race began knowing God through his creations, but has throughout history, rejected Him. From the world around him, man knew that there was a God who had the wisdom to plan and the power to create.
· He has eternal power and divine nature: God reveals his power and nature through the splendor of creation whether man acknowledges the reality or not.
I find it interesting that anyone would claim incompetent to all that God has provided that bears witness to His being and His power. It seems like self-incrimination to me. Would anyone argue there was no wind if they had just observed a tornado twist huge oak trees from their roots, rip houses off their foundations, leaving the land as though a giant machine has mowed it down? Hardly not.
1. What would be your answer to someone who would deny there is a God?
2. How has God revealed himself to you?
3. Do you find it interesting that anyone would claim incompetent to all that God has provided that bears witness to His being and His power?
Prayer:Dear Father, You have made yourself visible within us and in all our surroundings, from the air we breath to the birth of a new born infant? Help us to be able to give a ready answer at any given time as to evidence of your existence. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.