Sunday, January 8, 2012

Be Victorious: In Christ You Are an Overcomer by Warren Wiersbe

The book of Revelation (last book in the Bible) has always been a book, subject, that many avoid discussing because of the content of the book. Many people, including myself read the Left Behind series, and I must admit found myself curiously seeking to learn more about Revelation. Recently, I had been reading through the Bible and obviously came to Revelation began looking for commentaries  to support my study.

I came across, Be Victorious (Revelation): In Christ You Are an Overcomer, by Warren Wiersbe, one in Wiersbe's "Be" Commentary series. I read the book in a couple days and have gone back over and over reading various paragraphs and chapters. There are many commentaries and books available on Revelation but I believe that this is the best, simplest explanation I have ever read.

As I have studied, I have found it interesting how little I knew about Revelation. It is also interesting that so many songs about Heaven, end of time, Rapture, etc. are based on bad theology. In all his commentary the most important thing that Wiersbe points out, is that Jesus Christ is the victor, and if we belong to him then we also are victorious.

2 comments:

  1. Warren is one of my favorite commentary writers. He is so clear in his writing and insightful and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we picked up BE Wise today. Currently I am reading The Jesus Mission by Steven Scott and I am a Follower by Leonard Sweet. Have you read either of these?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments