Thursday, January 26, 2012

A "Cup" or "Pitcher"


Scripture:
Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? Romans 9:21

Thoughts:
As I opened my mail today to get my Affirmation from God, through a trusted friend, Tom, the Holy Spirit spoke into my life. He talked about us responding to each call with obedience, saying, "Different callings, different purposes but we are the one. God created us in the womb for His purpose and without ceasing we are being prepared. We are also being used to prepare, to encourage, to confirm, and to help. It is up to us; no one else. What do you know you must do today? You may be the only one.

I must confess, that I have prayed that my territory would be increased, that God would open greater doors of opportunity. Maybe we all have thought at times, if only I had an opportunity such as Beth Moore or John Piper, then I could influence thousands for Jesus. There are two observations made from our scripture concerning our calling and our obedience. 1) Paul points out the attitude we should have toward our mission,  “But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, `Why did you make me like this?'" Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?” Romans 9:20,21. God created us. He is the potter. If we were designed as a “cup” with a one to one ministry or a “pitcher” reaching multitudes we are called to fulfill our mission. 2) There is a reward for being obedient, “if we are faithful and obedient with what God has entrusted us, then he will put us in charge of greater things,”Matthew 25:23.  

My desire is to be obedient to what God calls me to do each day and interestingly enough each day brings it’s own opportunities. The one thing that we cannot know is just who we influence each day, sometimes even unaware that we did anything. The world’s eyes are watching each and every Follower of Jesus, so we must be faithful regardless how small the task may seem.

Application:
  1.   Do you begin each day asking God to open your eyes to the opportunities you have?
  2.  What opportunities do you have each day to share Jesus? 
  3.  How do you approach the opportunities you have?

Prayer:
Dear Father, open my eyes to opportunities to share Jesus each day. Give me the strength to be obedient to your calling on my life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

2 comments:

  1. Patsy, I apologize if you get two responses...I tried once but got a message I had to log into wordpress first... If in pending you can delete...thanks for the mention.

    Beautiful post! Thousands begin with one. The ONE will direct our steps. I too pray that we are obedient to the one thing He calls us to do. Prayers and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom and Robin, you both inspire me. And... I believe that is the reason we are called into fellowship with each other. Life is way too hard to walk the journey alone. And one day... there will be a great reunion and we will be together at Jesus feet...To God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments