Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Who Packs Your Parachute?




"Who Packs Your Parachute?" I have been amazed at the parachute packers in my life. There was not one, but many who have made an impact on my life.

  

Through the years God has packed my parachute with family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and even acquaintances.  Some miraculous way they have attended to my every need. As I think about those who have looked out after me, have held me when I cried, picked me up when I was down, cheered me on when I needed encouragement, laughed with me during my happy times, I see a collage of people.

Jesus is at the center of my collage. When I think of Jesus I think of the song, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus." Jesus has been a constant, faithful friend for most of my life. He is my ultimate strength, and to Him I am thankful.  He knows my strengths and weaknesses. He knows my deepest needs. I remember to thank God/Jesus daily for all they mean to me.

I thank God daily for taking care of me. However, I let things get in the way of showing appreciation to those who have shown grace, mercy, goodness, and kindness to me. More than just showing thankfulness to those who have helped me along the way, I realize I should be asking, "Whose Parachute Am I Packing?" 

We may not be able to make a difference in everyone's life but we can make a difference in one. Pray that God will use you to pick up, hold up, or build up someone today.

You, visitors and subscribers to my blog, make a difference in my life. Your comments are an encouragement to me. Something as simple as a “thumbs up,” packs my parachute.

Who packs your parachute? What encourages you. Tell me about it or better yet, tell them how you appreciate them today. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!!
    I have lots of people in my life that help like that!
    I love this reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments