Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dedicated to My Husband

Joey

It seems like yesterday that I saw you for the first time. It was not by chance that I met you one evening at a song service at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church in 1973.  All my life I had been searching for you, but I had been looking in all the wrong places. Only God could see within me to know the perfect individual that I needed to make my life here on earth complete. God is so good. Standing in that pulpit, directing music, you were the most handsome man that I had ever met, but not just that, I knew that you were a man of God. Our spirits met and I knew that I would marry you, I just didn't know how long it would take me to convince you that you wanted to marry me.

God created Eve for Adam. God created you for me. As a young woman you became God's human arms to cherish and to love me and you have not failed. You are the one that calms me when I am falling apart. You love me when I have felt unloved. You care for me when I am hurting. You counsel me when I am unsure. You have been everything I could ask for in a soulmate. 

You have provide for me and Matthew. You loved Matthew with the love that you knew from your heavenly Father. You have been an example of love while you spent your life ministering to me, Matthew, family, and school students, church, and community. Men would do well to follow your example. For your obedience to God, he has blessed us abundantly. The Psalmist says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and he will not depart from it." You have seen your work come to harvest as Matthew chose to follow God's call into full time ministry. "Praise be to God."

These past 35 years have sure been worth it, and I hope God will give us 35 more. Can I honestly say that our marriage has been perfect and that we have never had any words. Definitely not. We have had our up's and down's and in's and out's. Anyone that spends any time around us would admit that we do not always see eye to eye on everything and we're both so dogmatic that it takes awhile for us to realize that we are on the same side of the fence. We have always been on the same side. We became one, that March 2, 1974. We will be one until, "death do us part." 

On the comical side of things, I know that you have spent your whole time waiting on me, and most of the time while I was shopping. For that I am grateful. To you, I dedicate the song, Waiting on a Woman, by Brad Paisley and Andy Griffith.  Hope you enjoy it.

I love you, Joey Costner, and I always will. 
Your wife, Patsy

1 comment:

  1. I love you two so much. Thank you for being great parents. Dad is a great man, and I am lucky to have him be my father. I can't wait to see you two again. Hopefully it will be soon...

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments