Sunday, July 26, 2009

How to Become a Christian

How Can I Become A Christian?


A. Admit:
       • Admit to God you are a sinner. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"                Romans 3:23.
       • Repent or turn away from your sin. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may            be wiped out..." Acts 3:19.
B. Believe:
       • Trust that Jesus is God's Son. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only              Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16)…
       • and that God sent Jesus to save people from their sins. "For Christ died for sins once for            all . . . to bring you to God" l Peter 3:18.
C. Confess:
       • Give your life to Jesus. Confess to others that he is Savior and Lord of your life. "That if               you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. . . for, Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:9,13).

Do you believe this? If you do, then read this prayer.

Dear God, I admit that I am a sinner. I know that my sin separates me from you. I believe that your son Jesus died for me so that my relationship with you could be restored. Thank you for forgiving me. I ask you to come into my life and help me live for you. Today I commit myself to you and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior of my life. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.



  1. The first step in obedience is Baptism. Find a church and tell the pastor about your conversion experience and praying this prayer. Ask for baptism.
  2. Join a church where you can worship God and fellowship and grow in faith with other believers.
  3. Participate in Sunday School and Bible study.

  4. Set aside time for a personal worship experience with God where you study the Bible and pray. I find a life application Bible very helpful in understanding the Bible.
Did you pray to receive Christ today? Congratulations! I am now your Sister-in-Christ. I would to know about your decision and to help you grow in your understanding of God and help you find a church. Or, If you have questions about this material, please feel free to correspond with me at pscostner@gmail.com.



2 comments:

  1. I hope you will allow me to add this as a finale tag line to my future puppet ministry plays, I think its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember me in fine print when you become a celebrity writer. LOL

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments