How Can I Become A Christian?
• Admit to God you are a sinner. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.
• Repent or turn away from your sin. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out..." Acts 3:19.
• Trust that Jesus is God's Son. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16)…
• and that God sent Jesus to save people from their sins. "For Christ died for sins once for all . . . to bring you to God" l Peter 3:18.
• Give your life to Jesus. Confess to others that he is Savior and Lord of your life. "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. . . for, Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:9,13).
Do you believe this? If you do, then read this prayer.
- The first step in obedience is Baptism. Find a church and tell the pastor about your conversion experience and praying this prayer. Ask for baptism.
- Join a church where you can worship God and fellowship and grow in faith with other believers.
- Participate in Sunday School and Bible study.
- Set aside time for a personal worship experience with God where you study the Bible and pray. I find a life application Bible very helpful in understanding the Bible.