Monday, April 12, 2010

Does God Shut-Out our Prayers?

Do you ever pray and feel as though your prayers do not get through? Have you experience a time when you felt that God just did not hear you, that your prayers just hovered over your head. I've been there. Jeremiah 3: 8, 44 Says, "Even when I call out or cry for help, he shuts out my prayers. You have covered yourself with a cloud, so that no prayer can get through." There are some concepts that we just cannot begin to understand about God, and event hough we we know we have to discipline out children it is hard to fathom God disciplining his children. (crying toddler in the crib, but you ignored the cries for it needed to go to bed. Babies need different sleep habits from their parents.)

But, if we read on in Jeremiah was thrown into the bottom of a pit, and marred up in the mud, and the waters move up toward his head. He said, Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us lift up our hearts and hands to the Lord, confessing our sin and rebellion against God. Then he said in vs 55-57, '"I called on your name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit. You heard my plea: "Do not close your ears to my cry for relief." You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear."'

Just like a loving father he brings grief, but he will show compassion, We are told in 3:33, "He does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men." It is not that God does not hear our prayers. He hears, but he is listening to the the content and heart of our prayers. We us prayer like a child uses a debit card. They are quick to withdraw but they do not  want to contribute to the fund.

Prayer: Dear father, Help us to examine our ways and test them, and let us return to you. Forgive me or my sins and rebellion. I will lift my heart and our hands to you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comments