Sunday, May 2, 2010

Romans 1:1 WHO Is CALLED?

When I say, ________ is a called man/woman, what comes to your mind? Do you know someone you consider “called?” What do you mean when you hear someone was called? We hear it all the time, the church called so-n-so to do such-and- such. Is this way of thinking Biblically sound?
Scripture:
Romans 1:1. Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle
Lesson:
As a minister (I have given my life in ministry to kingdom work) individuals will come to me and say….you need to say or do this…. Because they sense a person is called they feel that that person should be doing such-and-such. It is interesting to me of all the duties and responsibilities of the one "called" designated by those that do not perceive themselves to be "called." Who is the called in your book?  Are you Called? 
When God came to Saul, Saul responded, “What do you want me to do?” Saul obeyed God. Do you think God calls us as believers to certain task?When God comes to us, we are to ask the same question, "What do you want me to do?" He calls out to all of us and we respond as Paul or we ignore the calling. He calls and appoints us to different roles and missions. But keep in mind that God created and designed us for the thing he purposed us to do. He calls and appoints us. The church or people of God are not the the ones who call and the ones called are not under their authority. They are only affirming the call on that person’s life. 


Application:
1.   Have you considered the fact that you are “called.” ?With this new understanding of called, are you called?
2.   Apostle means, one who is sent out. Think about the opportunities you have everyday to speak Jesus to someone. Name some of the opportunities you have.
3.   Would you live your life the same if you wore the title, Missionary    Mary, Pastor Patty, Deacon Diane, Chaplain Christy,etc.? Do we need a title to hide behind to be about God's work?
4.   What are we as Christians called to? God is speaking to you now, what is he calling you to do?
5.  If we would look at the encounters we have each day with individuals as opportunities to witness, how would Christianity be impacted?
Prayer:
Dear Father, help me to realize the potential I have everyday to speak of your greatness and to the difference Christ has made in my life. Open my eyes and ears to the needs of individuals. Help me to be bold in sharing your love.  Again, Father, show me what you would have me do and give me the courage and strength to be obedient to your calling in my life. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am stuck on the thought of looking to Him and His purpose. His kingdom seemed to call to me only after I sought Him. When I was broken I finally went to Him only to seek Him and His strengh to do His will. In that search, I beleive, He revealed my calling.
    Yes, I feel called to tell what I have seen and heard. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments