Monday, December 5, 2011

My Grace is Sufficient

Scripture:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thoughts for the Day:
Do we really understand the depths of this promise? Not long ago I attended a spiritual retreat. I experienced a happening in my life that will forever be stamped on my mind. The second night there, fear struck me as never before. I went to two of the ladies and we prayed together. Not really understanding what all I had experienced, we decided that if God were showing me something, he would complete the work that he had started. I went about my day praying for an understanding. 

Then sometime during the third night I was awakened again. The same fear surrounded me. Rather than alarm anyone else, I decided to call upon God, for he promises that his grace is sufficient in time of need. Our power is made perfect in our weakness. Several hours passed as I held to the Word of God, the power of the Cross, the light of Jesus Christ in my life while lying there in my bunk. 

All along I have told individuals that God would give them strength to overcome or to enable them to do whatever they needed to do. False, we have no strength. We are all cowards when it comes to standing firm. I realized that I had no strength. It is only in the strength of God, only through Christ's power that rest in us, are we able, that we are able to do anything. 

Until we grasp this truth we will continue to wrestle within ourselves to be obedient in Christ, because there are just too many obstacles that seem like giants waiting to crash us under their feet.

What fear(s) do you face? What are you facing that absolutely shakes your foundation. Are you rooted in God grace. If not, your tree will be uprooted. By the power and grace of Jesus Christ I was able to stand firm.

God's grace is sufficient for all your needs. Call upon him today that his power and grace may rest on you. 

Application:
1) What is your greatest fear? 
2) Do you believe that God's power is made perfect in our weakness?
3) Do you act upon the power made available through Jesus?

Prayer: 
Dear Father, by your divine power you have provided us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Jesus Christ who called us by his own glory and goodness. In my weakness you are strong to enable me to be the person you designed me to be. Help me to be obedient in all your ways as I rest in the truth, that in your power all things can be accomplished. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comments