Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Healer

Scripture: 
"and they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and pains, those oppressed by demons, epileptics, and paralytics, and he healed them." Matthew 4:24

Study:
Yesterday we looked at, Jesus the Healer.  Jesus' purpose was to save souls and in the process he healed those with various sicknesses. Sickness is a hard thing. Some sicknesses directly effect our physical flesh, some effect our emotional and/or mental state, and others effect our spiritual state of being.  Regardless the sickness or need, God is the answer to all life's problems and needs.

Application:  As my friend, Tom, would say, "the first step to recovery, or healing is to admit we are powerless and in need of God's help." Most of the time, God is our last resort, after we have sought answers from doctors and medicine. We should seek Christ first. 


There are two songs that come to my mind when I am at my weakest moment. "In the Presence of Jehovah," leads me into God's presence. I can find that just being in God's presence brings healing to my spirit. 


In The Presence of Jehovah: 



Sometimes we just need to acknowledge and claim God as "The Healer." Knowing that God is faithful to meet our needs brings a sense of peace to my soul.  

The Healer by Hillsong: 



Whatever your need, God is waiting to heal you. Trust him to perform a miracle in you. Allow him to be your healer and then give Him the glory. Do you have songs that comfort you in your times of greatest need?

Prayer:
Dear Father, help me to recognize you as the Great Healer and allow you the freedom to complete His work in me. Thank you for strength for today and hope for tomorrow. In Jesus name I pray, Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. The most comforting song for me is to recall perfect pitch Kathy (Franklin) singing, In Christ Alone. I also feel comfort from, On Christ The Solid Rock (I Stand) and Amazing Grace.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments