Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On a scale of 1-10: Which are You?

What number are you on a scale of 1-10. I mean, holistically. Holistic in the sense of the “whole person” or put simply, the mind, body, and spirit. What about mind, body, and spirit? Actually, if all your components are not functioning at its best then the whole suffers. Ever thought of that? So, how is your mind, your body, or your spirit? Consider the areas of your life that are, or that are not working the best (personal, sexual, career, financial, worship, relationships, etc. ) Can we be perfect in such a way that we are functioning at our fullest potential. How does one affect the other? We cannot deny that a handicap in one area does not affect the other. Thus, if we want to function at our fullest potential, then we must seek perfection. Does God really expect us to strive for such perfection? Is it possible to grow in the likeness of Christ? We can but not alone.

There is only one way to accomplish such perfection and it is through Christ. Paul so states in Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.” So it is only through Christ in us that we can accomplish that which God created us.

There are no gray areas. God gives us direction as how to grow as Christ. We are challenged in Hebrews 12”2 to, “…focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so he endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought him. Then he received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God.”

The journey to Christ’s likeness is not always “a party” but it is rewarding in the greatest sense? In fact in John 6:60, 66 we are told, On hearing it, many of the disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?” From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

How about you? There were/are times in my life that the cost was just too great, and became disobedient in those areas. I am not perfect. You know, it is ironic that my blog still remains, Getting Fit with Friends, because I have gotten lazy. I would say socially, and mentally I am still in the game, but I have slacked off spiritually and physically, I am on the bench. No, I am not perfect, but I refuse to remain there, for I want the best life has to offer. What about you?

If you dare to redirect your life to experience fullness then join me the next few postings as I seek the word to become ”whole”. We need to be the image of Christ. What does it look like to be “like” Christ? Luke 2:52 says, Jesus grew in wisdom [MENTALLY], in stature [PHYSICALLY], and in favor with God [SPIRITUALLY] and with man [SOCIALLY].

Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

  1. The cost is not too high. This is an opportunity of a life time which will be a fantastic voyage. Thank you God for the ticket. Bet all the gold in the World, the devil never banked on this - God never loses; inspite of how we can sometimes mess things up really really badly.. Lets see if I can get off the bench..tell me where you want the ball to go.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comments