Saturday, June 5, 2010

Romans 1:7 ARE YOU A SAINT?


Who do you consider a Saint, Mother Theresa or Saint Mary, yourself? I have heard such responses as, “ I am not a Saint but…” By true definition, you might be a “saint.”
Scripture:
ROMANS 1:7 ...To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Lesson:
When asked the question, “Do you consider yourself a Saint,” individuals without any hesitation will emphatically resound, “NO.”  Wonder why? Why would a Christian not want to be characterized as a Saint?
Most individuals think of a Saint as one who has either earned the title or had it bestowed to them from something they have done. However, Paul gives different guidelines as to who qualifies for the title. According to him, a person is a saint by accepting Christ as their Savior and by exalting Him not themselves.
So… by this definition, it may be a little easier to accept the title of “saint.” For it is not through our own character, or our own doing but by and through our relationship with Jesus Christ. By this definition, I will accept the title.
Application:
1.   Does your behavior characterize you as a saint?
2.   Does God love you? Have you heard God’s call and responded in obedience? By Paul’s guidelines this designates you as a Saint.
3.   Could the reason one would not be comfortable being called a Saint is because they are not exalting God by their actions.
Prayer:
Dear Father, I want to exalt you in all that I do. Help me to be proud of any title that I might possess that would help me to glorify you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comments